Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can i go to the Florida DMV and convert my out of state license even if i have a traffic ticket on file?

im originally from florida but last year i was away for one year and got my drivers license in connecticut. now im back home and i need to go convert my license to a florida one immediatly. but i still have a traffic ticket on file i haven't paid. will they still convert my license or tell me i cant do it until i pay my ticket.





**please serious answers only, i know i must pay my ticket but cant afford it right now its over $300|||Best pay the ticket first. Even if your license from CT is currently valid and the switch goes okay, if it isn't paid and they revoke your CT license it will go forward and revoke your new CA license also.





Unfortunately that's what happens when you don't get tickets paid, they go up in price and eventually a bench warrant gets issued.|||My bet is if you hand over your lic you will walk out with nothing,,,get the money first...|||I can only tell you form my experience which may or may not apply to your experience.





I had my license suspended in the state of Wisconsin and moved to Minnesota. Went in to the DMV with my Wisconsin license as an ID and showed them proof of residency in Minnesota (three electric bill showing 90 days residency). *POOF* Walked out with a Minnesota license.





So... until you try, *shrug*... also, most traffic tickets, even if it is over three hundred dollars will not show up unless you had a default judgment on it and you received a letter stating that until you pay, your license is etc, etc, etc. At least here it is like that anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment