Saturday, December 24, 2011

Will a Florida DMV recognize a Kansas IP and exchange it for a Florida IP?

For those who aren't familiar, the different driving age laws between Kansas and Florida are as follows:





Kansas:


14 - 'IP' Drive with parent


15 - 'Restricted' Drive with parent or alone to school/work


16 - 'Almost Full' Drive with parent or alone during daylight hours


17 - 'Full' Drive alone





Florida:


15 - 'IP' Drive with parent during daylight hours


16 - 'Partial' Drive with parent during nighttime hours, alone during daylight hours


17 - 'Almost Full' Drive alone past daylight hours


18 - 'Full' Drive alone





Here is my personal situation. In Kansas at 14, I received my IP around last November (even though I turned 14 last July). Then, last May, we moved to Florida. Now, I'm 15 and in Florida and needing my Florida IP. My Kansas IP is not expired, even though I can't use it in Florida due to different laws. I took an online Drug Course to abide by Florida's laws in preparation. Now, however, I'm wondering if I can show them my Kansas IP (which allows me to drive more in Kansas than the equivalent would in Florida) and they will give me a Florida IP without needing to take the written test since it is a downgrade? Thanks so much for your help since I already passed the Kansas written tests. :)|||once you abide by what Fl. requires to obtain a Fl. IP then you will be eligible for Fl;. IP probably will not have to take the written test over but they will tell you if you do when you obtain your IP-as to driving like you would in Kansas--sorry charlie it ain't gonna happen--Fl. requires everyone to do the same scenario and what you do in Kansas does not apply to Fl. Heeyyy their rules--their game! lol|||you are in florida and that's their rules/kansas doesn't count

No comments:

Post a Comment