Saturday, December 24, 2011

I just sold my car. I forgot to get my license plate off. I live in Florida. Should I call the DMV?

I"m not sure if I'll be able to contact the buyer. I'm about to cancel the insurance on the vehicle. Can I get in trouble because my tag is on an uninsured vehicle. Are there other ramifications to losing your tag?|||There isn't a problem, IF you kept a copy of the signed bill of sale...





If he were to get in a serious accident, before he gets the title transferred, he could walk away , and leave you stuck, because you would still be the owner on record..





Once he transfers the title, it no longer would matter...





So the important question revolves around the bill of sale....not the plate...|||You can go IN the DMV and report your tag lost or stolen.





Tell them what happened.





As the other poster said, the bill of sale is more important.





Otherwise the guy can be robbing banks and doing hit %26amp; runs and the cops will think its you.|||Nice. Smart Move.

No comments:

Post a Comment