Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I have NY License plates but I moved to Florida, how do I go about registering?

I moved to FL for a new job, I law requires that I register in Florida within 10 days. Can I surrender my NY license plates to a Florida DMV and cancel my NY Insurance and not lapse on my liability insurance? How do I avoid lapsing on my insurance so that I won't be suspended?|||You have to go to your local DMV in Florida. You'll register your car just like you did in NYC. You will need proof of address and you will need to return your NY plates. Its a pain, but don't forget to call your insurance company because your rate is about to go way down ;-)





Florida DMV


Visit: http://www.flhsmv.gov/html/titlinf.html


for more info|||My golf coach moved here from another state and he just kept his last state liscence plate until they notified him.

No comments:

Post a Comment